UK Cable Management Products
A cable gland (also known as a cable connector or fitting), is a mechanical cable entry device. It is constructed from both metal and non-metal materials. Cable glands are used across a vast number of electrical instruments and automation systems. It is designed to fulfil the following functions:
- To attach and secure a cable into its enclosure or connector.
- Providing strain relief and connection to the cable, including making an electrical connection to the braid or aluminium sheath of the cable.
- Protecting the enclosure against water, dust and dirt.
- Assembling / disassembling the cable and enclosure easily.
A cable gland is connected to its enclosure via a locknut, a threaded hole or a clipping mechanism if there is only a through hole. It is not an electrical device and it does not provide an electrical connection between the inserted cable and the device inside the enclosure.
Some types of cable glands provide EMC shielding with the braid or aluminium sheath of the cable. While others offer bending protection, grounding, routing pre-terminated cables, etc. A split cable gland contains a split sealing grommet and can be used to route pre-terminated cables. The standard cable glands can be used for cable diameters from 3mm to 44mm.
Many industries use cable glands as a sealing and termination device for:
- Electrical Power
- Data Cabling
- Telecommunications Cabling
The main materials for cable glands are:
- Plastic (Polyamide)
- Brass (Nickel Plated)
- Stainless Steel
They are supplied in the following thread sizes:
- Metric Thread (M)
- Panzergewinde Thread (PG)
- National Pipe Taper Thread (NPT)
- British Standard Pipe Thread (BSP)
We can offer the following gland accessories to support the huge range of glands that we supply:
- Plastic Locknuts
- Brass Nickel Plated Locknuts
- EMC Locknuts
- Flat Cable Seals
- Reduced Seals
- Multi-hole Seals
- Gland Washers
- Plastic Reducers
- Plastic Enlargers
- Brass Nickel Plated Reducers
- Brass Nickle Plated Enlargers
- Plastic Blind Stops
- Brass Nickle Plated Blind Stops
- Protection Tabs
- Joint Washes
Please contact us with your requirement and we will be more than happy to help.